WWGSA Guardianship Program is comprised of staff members who have been working with children and families in this industry for years. Experience and collaborative efforts are essential ingredients for the proven success of this program. WWGSA staff helps host families develop confidence in the hosting experience as well as understand the prospective student prior to their arrival. WWGSA cooperates with current host families, schools, churches, community centers and other resources to help develop families within the same scholastic and demographic communities. Creating a sense of community is crucial when students wish to attend sporting events, participate in scholastic activities, or who would like to share time with other children in the program or school friends.
WWGSA Hosting Benefits:
- Share your family environment with a child.
- Help a child understand American culture through every day events in the home.
- Help a child learn more about their own individual freedom and how to achieve personal growth.
- Support diversity and cross-cultural understanding in your own home.
- Children in a home can benefit from the experience while learning to share their culture with others.
- Provide opportunities to explore the history of your local area through day trips, family gatherings and other fun events that the family might be attending.
- Share in the excitement of an international child's scholastic progress.
- Watch a child explore the world of extra-curricular activities.
- Show a child how to develop lasting friendships with others in the community and within their school.
- Increase cultural awareness in your community.
- Support local private schools within the community.
- Help to make a difference in the world.
- Fully supported program with staff who are available 24/7.
- Stipends paid twice a month to help budget for expenses and support the family life.
- Most importantly...ENJOY life to the fullest while sharing your life with others!